How does drinking coffee affect my health?

Do you love coffee and caffeinated beverages the way I do? If so, you're in luck. A cup of joe can make you younger. (Granted, of course, that you don't have any of the negative side effects such as migraine headaches, abnormal heartbeats, or gastrointestinal upset.) Studies consistently show that coffee reduces the risk of Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's. So, go ahead and have that espresso or latte. It will make you a third of a year younger. Just be sure to use skim milk, don't add sugar, and take a little extra calcium and B vitamins.

Continue Learning about Coffee & Health

Coffee Talk: Some Surprising Health Benefits
One of the best ways to ward off chronic conditions, including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer, is to eat a diet rich in antioxidants. Fr...
How can I sweeten my coffee without adding too many calories?
Keri GansKeri Gans
One packet of regular sugar contains just 11 calories, so it’s fine to add up to four packets -- tha...
What's the coffee-liver connection?
There seems to be a relationship between having two or more 8-ounce (300 mg or so of caffeine) cups ...
Is Drinking Coffee Good for Me?
Is Drinking Coffee Good for Me?