How does caffeine help with thinking and memory?

Caffeine doesn't necessarily help with thinking or memory; rather, it helps you focus by making you stay awake longer. In this video, neuropsychologist Sanam Hafeez, PsyD, explains how prolonged wakefulness is not the same as increased performance. 

Continue Learning about Coffee & Health

Ask Dr. Darria: Can Too Much Caffeine be Harmful?
I start my morning with a cup of coffee and then drink several more cups throughout the day. Is this bad for my health? Lately, we’ve been bombarded ...
Is coffee good or bad for the heart?
SCAISCAI
Good news, coffee drinkers. Your daily coffee habit likely is not harming your heart and may in fact...
What is the healthiest way to drink my coffee?
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDJoan Salge Blake, MS, RD
Unfortunately, many coffee houses today serve beverages containing cream, milk, sugar, and flavoring...
How to Cut Calories in Your Coffee
How to Cut Calories in Your Coffee