How much caffeine can I consume every day?

Excessive caffeine consumption is not mathematical, it's individual. Caffeine sensitivity depends on the amount and frequency of caffeine consumption, body weight, physical condition and overall anxiety level, among other factors. For most healthy adults, moderate amounts of caffeine -- 200 to 300 milligrams a day, or about two to three cups of coffee -- pose no physical problems.

Continue Learning about Coffee & Health

Serve Your Coffee This Way for Antioxidants
You could be putting a stranglehold on coffee's health perks by stirring in the wrong stuff. So consider these rules: no nondairy creamer, and go easy...
Will drinking too much coffee be bad for me?
Janis Jibrin, MS, RDJanis Jibrin, MS, RD
In moderation -- different for everyone, but generally considered to be 1-3 cups daily -- coffee can...
Can I get the same hydration from coffee as I do water?
Neal SpruceNeal Spruce
Yes, or at least very close. Coffee, as I am sure you know from making it or watching it being made,...
Is Drinking Coffee Good for Me?
Is Drinking Coffee Good for Me?