What's the coffee-liver connection?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD
Coffee has many health benefits but we don't know if it's good for the liver. In this video, Robin Miller, MD shares the upside of java and how it may prevent an auto-immune disease of the liver.
There seems to be a relationship between having two or more 8-ounce (300 mg or so of caffeine) cups of coffee a day and good liver health. This amount is less than the 6 cups needed to decrease the risk of Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease and the three cups to reduce the risk of Type 2 diabetes.

At the same time, you should also avoid having more than 3 drinks of alcohol a day-for its toxic effects on both your pancreas and liver.

Continue Learning about Coffee & Health

Coffee, a Healthy Addiction?
Coffee, a Healthy Addiction?
I am addicted to coffee and proud of it. I look forward to the ritual of that morning cup of coffee to start my day. I felt guilty for many years with...
Does coffee affect my risk of endometrial cancer?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
There's a surprising relationship between your coffee habit and your risk of endometrial cancer....
What is Greek (or Turkish) coffee?
Chris KilhamChris Kilham
Greek (or Turkish) coffee is a style of coffee preparation; finely powdered coffee is boiled slowly ...
A Sweet Coffee Smoothie Without All the Sugar