What happens if I miss a dose of clozapine?

You should take your missed dose of clozapine as soon as you remember. If it is already close to the time of your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your next dose as usual. If it has been more than two days, contact your doctor. You may need to restart the medication at a lower dosage. Do not double dose.

Continue Learning about Clozapine

How does clozapine work?
Clozapine is an atypical antipsychotic that works by reducing or blocking dopamine, a chemical t...
What are the risks involved when taking clozapine?
There are several potentially serious risks associated with taking clozapine. It puts you at increas...
Is there a generic version of clozapine?
Clozapine (brand name Clozaril) became available for sale as a generic drug in April 2005. Manuf...
How soon after taking clozapine will my symptoms improve?
The length of time it takes for clozapine to take effect varies greatly from person to person. S...