What screenings should I get to determine my risk of heart disease?

To determine your risk of heart disease you should get screenings to measure your blood pressure, weight and cholesterol levels. Your primary care doctor can check your blood pressure and your weight in the office. Treatment for high blood pressure and high cholesterol is an important part of lowering your risk for heart disease.

Continue Learning about Heart and Circulatory System

Work Hard, Play Hard Dangers
Work Hard, Play Hard Dangers
In the TV show Mad Men, “work hard, play hard” is touted as a virtue. Yet the characters are, well, slightly mad, an...
What determines whether or not an AVM in the brain should be treated?
Dr. Geoffrey P. Colby, MDDr. Geoffrey P. Colby, MD
A number of factors influence whether or not an arteriovenous malformation (AVM) in the brain should...
How do tissue and mechanical replacement heart valves differ?
Some of the major differences between tissue and mechanical valves are durability and whether a pers...
Dr. Craig Smith - What Is an Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery?