Can I reverse my high risk for coronary artery disease?

Typically a high risk for coronary artery disease can't be reversed, but it can be stabilized. Lack of progression is the key. Diet and exercise is the best therapy to reduce heart attacks and strokes going forward. Exercise should be done three to four times a week in 30-minute intervals of cardiac-type exercise like walking or running.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Heart and Circulatory System

Why An Irregular Heartbeat Could Make You Pass Out
If you’ve ever fainted, with or without warning, you probably wanted to know why it happened and if it signaled a more serious health issue. One commo...
Which coronary artery disease treatment is better?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Determining optimal treatment for coronary artery disease is complicated by evolving technology, dif...
How do aldosterone blockers treat coronary artery disease?
Aldosterone blockers reduce the chances of heart attacks and other cardiovascular problems for some ...
Dr. Craig Smith - What Are the Risks of Aortic Valve Replacement Surgery?