How can I reduce the inflammation in my artery walls?

You can reduce inflammation in your artery walls by exercising your arteries. Exercise helps to strip away the irritating materials that contribute to artery ruptures. Start with 30 minutes throughout your day. You don't necessarily have to do all 30 minutes at once with a trip to the gym, though working up a sweat is encouraged. You can exercise by making simple modifications to your daily routine. Walk more. Take the stairs. Park your car further away from the entrance. Play with your kids or grandkids.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Heart and Circulatory System

Heart and Circulatory System

Heart and Circulatory System

Your circulatory system is made up of your heart and three main types of blood vessels -- arteries, veins and capillaries. Your heart is at the center of the system, acting as a pump to distribute nutrient- and oxygen-rich blood t...

hrough your body; it then takes away carbon dioxide and other waste your body doesn't need. Signs of poor circulation include cold hands and feet, numbness, dizziness, migraines, varicose veins and pain in your feet or legs. Untreated, poor circulation can lead to stroke, high blood pressure, kidney damage and other diseases. Learn more about your heart and circulatory system with expert advice from Sharecare.