Question

Heart and Circulatory System

How can I reduce the inflammation in my artery walls?

• A Mehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology (Cardiovascular Disease), answered

You can reduce inflammation in your artery walls by exercising your arteries. Exercise helps to strip away the irritating materials that contribute to artery ruptures. Start with 30 minutes throughout your day. You don't necessarily have to do all 30 minutes at once with a trip to the gym, though working up a sweat is encouraged. You can exercise by making simple modifications to your daily routine. Walk more. Take the stairs. Park your car further away from the entrance. Play with your kids or grandkids.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com
What is the endothelium?