Effective Paths to Real Relief
No matter what type of pain you suffer from, experts stress that relief is possible—and it’s critical for your health and wellbeing to treat your pain and not suffer in silence. We’ve gathered the info that will put you in control.
Live Better, Feel Better, Look BetterTry Brain Fit Life
AskMDFind out how to manage fibromyalgia
20 percent less
Amount of stimulus women need to feel pain compared to men
Dawn Marcus, MD
Chronic Pain Q&As
National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association
How is the brain of a person with chronic pain affected?
Chronic pain can occur in the absence of ongoing tissue damage -- this is an example of the sensory component of pain. One component of pain is a reflex avoidance behavior that can occur before the . . .
- Q What causes chronic pain?
- Q How is chronic pain diagnosed?
- Q What are the different types of pain medication?
- Q How can I start an exercise program with chronic pain?
- Q What is a chronic pain program?
- Q How can I find a pain specialist or pain medicine doctor?
- Q What treatments are there for chronic pain?
- Q What can cause neck pain and headaches?
- Q What exercises can help relieve back pain?
- Q Should arthritis patients exercise?
Chronic Pain Action Plans
Don't let chronic pain control your life. Take steps to manage symptoms and get relief now.
Take Charge in 7 Steps Perfect Your Posture to Feel Better Doctor Visit Guide: Joint Pain Doctor Visit Guide: Migraine Pain Learn More: See All Chronic Pain Articles
Chronic Pain Videos
Garlic Ginger Red Snapper
This tasty entrée is not only palate-pleaser but also a pain fighter thanks to its many anti-inflammatory ingredients.
Dine your way to relief
Do You Know What Really Causes Back Pain?
About 65 million Americans suffer from back pain -- but that doesn't mean you have to.
Test your knowledge