Will I become crippled if I have fibromyalgia?

People with fibromyalgia do not become crippled with the condition, nor is there any evidence that it affects their lifespan. Nevertheless, due to varying levels of pain and fatigue, there is an inevitable contraction of social, vocational and avocational activities that leads to a reduced quality of life. As with many chronic diseases, the extent to which people succumb to the various effects of pain and fatigue are dependent upon numerous factors, in particular their psychosocial support, financial status, childhood experiences, sense of humor and determination to push on.

Continue Learning about Chronic Pain

4 Ways to Relieve Chronic Pain Without Pills
From celebrities hooked on painkillers to those recent Senate hearings regarding the investigation of pain clinics, you can't escape the news about pr...
What do I need to know about chronic pain?
Manage your chronic pain better by dispelling common misconceptions: Pain always has an underlyin...
9 Ways Chronic Pain Impacts Quality of Life
9 Ways Chronic Pain Impacts Quality of Life9 Ways Chronic Pain Impacts Quality of Life9 Ways Chronic Pain Impacts Quality of Life9 Ways Chronic Pain Impacts Quality of Life
Minimize the emotional problems and physical discomfort caused by chronic pain.
Are People Who Are Obese More Likely to Suffer With Pain?