How common is chronic pain?

Over 116 million Americans suffer from chronic pain -- which adds up to more people than those suffering from diabetes, heart disease and cancer combined. It’s your number-one health complaint: pain. Four out of five Americans will report back pain at some point in their lives, and pain accounts for more than 20% of all doctor’s visits in the United States.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Chronic Pain

Use Your Brain to Relieve Pain
Use Your Brain to Relieve Pain
If you're among the tens of millions of North Americans living with chronic pain, we've got news about a drug-free "om remedy" worth trying: easy medi...
What Are the Best Strategies to Reduce Stress And Relieve Pain?
What Risks, If Any, are There for Using Medical Marijuana?
How Soon Can Stem-Cell Therapy Be Used to Treat My Pain?