Why should I be aware of my body if I want to treat my chronic pain?

Rick Olderman
Physical Therapy

Attention to your body and how it is or isn’t working is absolutely necessary to recover from chronic pain. In fact, lack of attention is a common factor in most peoples’ health issues. Developing body awareness is often the most difficult and most important aspect of healing from chronic pain.

Fixing You: Hip & Knee Pain: Self-treatment for IT band friction, arthritis, groin pain, bursitis, knee pain, PFS, AKPS, and other diagnoses

Hip and knee pain are often a result of poor pelvic muscle performance in combination with poor walking habits. This combination creates tracking problems in the hip socket or excessive rotation at...

Continue Learning about Chronic Pain Treatment

Pain Relief from Dietary Omega-3s
Pain Relief from Dietary Omega-3s
When comedian Joan Rivers commented on her emotional wounds and worries, the world laughed: “I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw that my bath toy...
Can diet help treat chronic pain?
No single food can zap chronic pain, but a healthful diet is an important part of your pain-mana...
What are other strategies besides medication for managing chronic pain?
Jennifer N. Caudle, DOJennifer N. Caudle, DO
Besides medications, other treatment options used to manage chronic pain can include physical or occ...
Food Additives to Avoid If You Have Fibromyalgia