Can eating greens help relieve chronic pain?

Toss a spinach or arugula salad for a jolt of vitamin K -- a nutrient with potential pain-soothing properties, according to some preliminary research. Vitamin K also helps maintain strong bones and healthy joints. In one study, older adults with ample blood levels of K were less likely to develop osteoarthritis, compared to a low-in-K control group. You can get all the K you need from dark leafy greens: a cup of raw spinach has 145 micrograms (132% of what you need for the day). Caution: Vitamin K also helps with blood clotting, so if you're taking blood thinners, check with your doc before boosting your K intake.

Continue Learning about Chronic Pain Treatment

Pain Relief from Dietary Omega-3s
Pain Relief from Dietary Omega-3s
When comedian Joan Rivers commented on her emotional wounds and worries, the world laughed: “I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw that my bath toy...
What is the treatment for arachnoiditis?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
Arachnoiditis remains a difficult condition to treat, and long-term outcomes are unpredictable. Most...
Do serotonin reuptake inhibitors have any side effects?
Specific side effects of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) depend on which SSRI is bei...
3 Home Remedies for Chronic Pain
3 Home Remedies for Chronic Pain