How do I manage my postherpetic neuralgia on a daily basis?

Managing your postherpetic neuralgia on a daily basis can be tough. You will need to work with your doctor to find the right treatment plan and that may involve trying several different options. Once you have found a treatment that works, stick to it and let your doctor know if you experience any side effects or if it seems to stop working. Living with postherpetic neuralgia is all about pain management. Most people only experience symptoms for a few months, but in some cases, the pain can last a year or more.

Continue Learning about Chronic Pain Prevention

How can I transform my pain into something powerful?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
There are ancient practices from the great traditions - ones we may have forgotten or overlooked, or...
How can I manage chronic pain?
David A. Hanscom, MDDavid A. Hanscom, MD
Sleep is imperative to managing and reversing chronic pain; lack of sleep changes the perception of ...
How to Avoid Knee Surgery With Osteoarthritis
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?