How is postherpetic neuralgia diagnosed?

Doctors can easily diagnose postherpetic neuralgia based on your symptoms and a quick review of your medical history. If you have had a shingles outbreak and are now experiencing chronic pain in areas of your body that were affected by the outbreak, it is very likely that you have postherpetic neuralgia.

Continue Learning about Chronic Pain Diagnosis

Should I see a doctor about my postherpetic neuralgia symptoms?
If you believe you are experiencing symptoms of postherpetic neuralgia, it is a good idea to see a d...
What are structural diagnoses of chronic back pain?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
I typically see back problems such as herniated or bulging disks, spinal stenosis, arthritis, fa...
How is chronic musculoskeletal pain (CMP) diagnosed?
Figuring out what triggered your chronic musculoskeletal pain (CMP) in the first place is one potent...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?