How is chronic musculoskeletal pain (CMP) diagnosed?

Figuring out what triggered your chronic musculoskeletal pain (CMP) in the first place is one potential way to help relieve it. You can talk to your doctor about diagnostic tools to help pinpoint the nature of your pain and new medication options that may be available. CMP can affect any combination of your bones, joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, or nerves. Your doctor may order x-rays and computerized tomography (CT) scans for a closer look at your bones or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to examine your muscles, ligaments, and tendons.

Continue Learning about Chronic Pain Diagnosis

How is chronic pain diagnosed?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
To diagnose chronic pain, a doctor will ask the person to describe the pain, where it is, what makes...
What are structural diagnoses of chronic back pain?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
I typically see back problems such as herniated or bulging disks, spinal stenosis, arthritis, fa...
Should I see a doctor about my postherpetic neuralgia symptoms?
If you believe you are experiencing symptoms of postherpetic neuralgia, it is a good idea to see a d...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?