What is fatigue?

Heidi Skolnik, MS
Sports Medicine

Sports medicine and nutrition specialist Heidi Skolnik explains the concept of fatigue. Watch Heidi Skolnik's video for tips and information on active nutrition.

Fatigue is a feeling of tiredness or not having enough energy that can have a negative impact on quality of life. There are two main types of fatigue: Acute fatigue is when you feel tired for a short time. Chronic fatigue is a feeling of tiredness that is always with you. It can also be a feeling of tiredness that comes and goes but never goes away completely.
Marcelle Pick
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)

Fatigue is a common complaint. In this video, nurse practitioner Marcelle Pick talks about how a fatigue diagnosis is made.

Continue Learning about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Getting Help for Chronic Fatigue
Getting Help for Chronic Fatigue
For more than 2.5 million North Americans, the exhaustion, pain and brain fog of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) are an everyday challenge. Now, a Inst...
How can I deal with fatique if I'm a young woman?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Young women are often completely exhausted and have no idea why. Fortunately, as Dr. Robin Miller ...
How common is chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)?
Studies show that anywhere between one and four million people in the United States currently meet t...
What to Eat If You’re Fatigued
What to Eat If You’re Fatigued