What is fatigue?

Marcelle Pick
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)

Fatigue is a common complaint. In this video, nurse practitioner Marcelle Pick talks about how a fatigue diagnosis is made.

Heidi Skolnik, MS
Sports Medicine

Sports medicine and nutrition specialist Heidi Skolnik explains the concept of fatigue. Watch Heidi Skolnik's video for tips and information on active nutrition.

Fatigue is a feeling of tiredness or not having enough energy that can have a negative impact on quality of life. There are two main types of fatigue: Acute fatigue is when you feel tired for a short time. Chronic fatigue is a feeling of tiredness that is always with you. It can also be a feeling of tiredness that comes and goes but never goes away completely.

Continue Learning about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

New Diagnostic Tool for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) affects 1 million North Americans (mostly women 40- 60) and leaves victims fatigued a...
How do I manage my chronic fatigue syndrome on a daily basis?
Chronic fatigue syndrome is best managed on a daily basis with an indiviualized approach for each pe...
When should I see the doctor for fatigue?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If you have fatigue, call or go to the doctor or clinic for: Weakness or tiredness that lasts 2 we...
5 Tips to Fight Fatigue
5 Tips to Fight Fatigue