Certain Chinese herbs have been proposed as alternative treatments for chronic bronchitis. This method of treatment has not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and there has not yet been any credible research done proving the effectiveness of the herbs. For this reason, it is important to talk to a doctor if you're thinking about using herbs as a treatment option. Doctors also advise that you avoid self-medicating with over-the-counter cough medications, as they aren't very effective for chronic bronchitis and other chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases.
- Q How do other illnesses affect chronic bronchitis?
- Q Does chronic bronchitis affect men and women differently?
- Q Is chronic bronchitis contagious?
- Q Is research being done on chronic bronchitis?
- Q What is chronic bronchitis?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for chronic bronchitis?