Chronic bronchitis is not contagious. The condition is usually caused by smoking and other airborne environmental hazards that cause damage to your bronchial tubes that accumulates over time. However, you are less likely to develop chronic or acute bronchitis if you stay healthy and take good care of your respiratory system, so avoiding contagious illnesses like the common cold or the flu can help guard you against this kind of chronic illness.
- Q Are lungs from donors who died from drowning safe for transplants?
- Q What causes me to cough up phlegm when I don’t have a cold?
- Q What is interstitial lung disease?
- Q What is a thoracic surgeon?
- Q How is nail clubbing related to lung disease?
- Q Does PLCH affect adults differently than children?