Chronic bronchitis is not contagious. The condition is usually caused by smoking and other airborne environmental hazards that cause damage to your bronchial tubes that accumulates over time. However, you are less likely to develop chronic or acute bronchitis if you stay healthy and take good care of your respiratory system, so avoiding contagious illnesses like the common cold or the flu can help guard you against this kind of chronic illness.
- Q When should I call the doctor about a cough?
- Q What causes me to cough up phlegm when I don’t have a cold?
- Q Can donor cause of death affect the survival of lung transplant recipients?
- Q When should I go to the emergency room for a cough?
- Q What may be causing my child's barking, seal-like cough?
- Q Does PAP affect adults differently than children?