Chronic bronchitis is not contagious. The condition is usually caused by smoking and other airborne environmental hazards that cause damage to your bronchial tubes that accumulates over time. However, you are less likely to develop chronic or acute bronchitis if you stay healthy and take good care of your respiratory system, so avoiding contagious illnesses like the common cold or the flu can help guard you against this kind of chronic illness.
- Q Does homeopathy help treat respiratory ailments?
- Q What increases my risk for respiratory disorders?
- Q What is chronic bronchitis?
- Q What can cause a cough?
- Q If food has entered my lungs, how can I get it out?
- Q How can stretching exercises help people with lung diseases?