Chronic bronchitis is not contagious. The condition is usually caused by smoking and other airborne environmental hazards that cause damage to your bronchial tubes that accumulates over time. However, you are less likely to develop chronic or acute bronchitis if you stay healthy and take good care of your respiratory system, so avoiding contagious illnesses like the common cold or the flu can help guard you against this kind of chronic illness.
- Q How is nail clubbing related to lung disease?
- Q What are symptoms of airway obstruction?
- Q Why shouldn't I live too close to a freeway or major road?
- Q How are pleural effusions different between children and adults?
- Q Can donor cause of death affect the survival of lung transplant recipients?
- Q How should I treat a cough?