The most recommended medications used to treat chronic bronchitis are prescription medications - particularly bronchodilator medications and corticosteroids. You can, however, take over-the-counter drugs like acetaminophen to help with the pain of your condition, or fever-reducing medications like ibuprofen if you develop a high temperature. It is not recommended that people with chronic bronchitis take over-the-counter cough-suppressing medications, however, as they do not usually treat the condition effectively.
- Q Is there a cure for chronic bronchitis?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for chronic bronchitis?
- Q How do other illnesses affect chronic bronchitis?
- Q What is chronic bronchitis?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for chronic bronchitis?
- Q What are my treatment options for chronic bronchitis?