Medications cannot cure Prader-Willi syndrome, but they are used to help manage various physical, mental, and behavioral problems caused by this condition. Human growth hormone is sometimes used to help children develop muscle mass and grow taller. Sex hormones can be used to help children develop as normally as possible. When behavior cannot be managed with therapy, psychotropic drugs may be used.
- Q Can Prader-Willi syndrome be prevented?
- Q What are the treatment options for Prader-Willi syndrome?
- Q How do chromosomal disorders affect women differently than men?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for Prader-Willi syndrome?
- Q Is Prader-Willi syndrome serious?
- Q What are some types of chromosomal disorders?