Medications cannot cure Prader-Willi syndrome, but they are used to help manage various physical, mental, and behavioral problems caused by this condition. Human growth hormone is sometimes used to help children develop muscle mass and grow taller. Sex hormones can be used to help children develop as normally as possible. When behavior cannot be managed with therapy, psychotropic drugs may be used.
- Q What is Prader-Willi syndrome?
- Q Why do babies from older moms risk chromosomal abnormalities?
- Q How do I care for someone with chromosomal disorders?
- Q Should I be worried about chromosomal disorders?
- Q How long do chromosomal disorders last?
- Q How do chromosomal disorders affect women differently than men?