Medications cannot cure Prader-Willi syndrome, but they are used to help manage various physical, mental, and behavioral problems caused by this condition. Human growth hormone is sometimes used to help children develop muscle mass and grow taller. Sex hormones can be used to help children develop as normally as possible. When behavior cannot be managed with therapy, psychotropic drugs may be used.
- Q Should I be worried about chromosomal disorders?
- Q How common is Prader-Willi syndrome?
- Q What are some types of chromosomal disorders?
- Q Can Prader-Willi syndrome be prevented?
- Q What are chromosomal disorders?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for Prader-Willi syndrome?