Medications cannot cure Prader-Willi syndrome, but they are used to help manage various physical, mental, and behavioral problems caused by this condition. Human growth hormone is sometimes used to help children develop muscle mass and grow taller. Sex hormones can be used to help children develop as normally as possible. When behavior cannot be managed with therapy, psychotropic drugs may be used.
- Q What are the treatment options for Prader-Willi syndrome?
- Q How common is Prader-Willi syndrome?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about chromosomal disorders?
- Q Should I be worried about chromosomal disorders?
- Q How long do chromosomal disorders last?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for Prader-Willi syndrome?