Medications cannot cure Prader-Willi syndrome, but they are used to help manage various physical, mental, and behavioral problems caused by this condition. Human growth hormone is sometimes used to help children develop muscle mass and grow taller. Sex hormones can be used to help children develop as normally as possible. When behavior cannot be managed with therapy, psychotropic drugs may be used.
- Q How do chromosomal disorders affect women differently than men?
- Q What is Prader-Willi syndrome?
- Q Should I be worried about chromosomal disorders?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about chromosomal disorders?
- Q Is there a cure for Prader-Willi syndrome?
- Q What are chromosomal abnormalities?