Medications cannot cure Prader-Willi syndrome, but they are used to help manage various physical, mental, and behavioral problems caused by this condition. Human growth hormone is sometimes used to help children develop muscle mass and grow taller. Sex hormones can be used to help children develop as normally as possible. When behavior cannot be managed with therapy, psychotropic drugs may be used.
- Q Why do babies from older moms risk chromosomal abnormalities?
- Q Are chromosomal genetic disorders life-threatening?
- Q What is Prader-Willi syndrome?
- Q What are chromosomal abnormalities?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for chromosomal disorders?
- Q How do I care for someone with chromosomal disorders?