Because chromosomal disorders affect a person's genetic makeup, they cannot actually be corrected through treatment. However, there are some treatment options that can make life easier for people with specific chromosomal disorders. Injected growth hormones, hormone replacement therapies, and occupational or physical therapy can help treat symptoms and issues connected with some chromosomal genetic disorder.
- Q How do chromosomal disorders affect women differently than men?
- Q What are chromosomal disorders?
- Q What are chromosomal abnormalities?
- Q Why do babies from older moms risk chromosomal abnormalities?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about chromosomal disorders?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for chromosomal disorders?