Because chromosomal disorders affect a person's genetic makeup, they cannot actually be corrected through treatment. However, there are some treatment options that can make life easier for people with specific chromosomal disorders. Injected growth hormones, hormone replacement therapies, and occupational or physical therapy can help treat symptoms and issues connected with some chromosomal genetic disorder.
- Q Should I be worried about chromosomal disorders?
- Q How long do chromosomal disorders last?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for chromosomal disorders?
- Q Are chromosomal genetic disorders life-threatening?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about chromosomal disorders?
- Q How do medications treat chromosomal disorders?