What should I know about using sunscreen if I have pimples?

Good skin care always should include using sunscreen daily. Experts suggest that if you have pimples or breakouts, try using a lightweight sunscreen for sensitive skin. Apply the product every morning. You may need to reapply the sunscreen during the day for continuous protection. Sunscreens should protect your skin from both UVA and UVB rays. Even on cloudy days, you need sun protection.

Many times, sunscreen needs to be reapplied when you are active outdoors, especially when playing a sport or swimming. Especially when you have breakouts or pimples, wash your face with a gentle cleanser after the activity to remove any excess dirt or sweat. If you have any questions about the best sunscreen products to use if you have pimples, talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Choosing The Right Sunscreen

How to Choose the Best Sunscreen for You in Hawaii
Sunscreen is a good idea all year round in Hawaii, and you know it’s important to lotion up to protect your skin. But with the passage of SB2571, Hawa...
Why should I look for a sunscreen that offers broad spectrum protection?
Of course a sunscreen should protect against rays that burn -- but that's only half its job, say...
Is a body lotion with SPF 15 as effective as my beach sunblock?
Some body lotions have a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or higher, which means they do offer ...
Does a Higher SPF in Sunscreen Mean I'm Better Protected?