Is it safe to use sunscreens that contain insect repellent?

Skip products that combine bug repellent with sunscreen. Why? For starters, bugs are typically not a problem during the hours when UV exposure peaks. Also, sunscreen may need to be reapplied more frequently than repellent, or vice versa. It is recommended that you avoid using repellents on your face, too. Studies indicate that combining sunscreens and repellents leads to increased skin absorption of the repellent ingredients.

Continue Learning about Choosing The Right Sunscreen

How to Choose the Best Sunscreen for You
It’s that sunscreen time of year, and you know it’s important to lotion up to protect your skin. But with so many options to choose from, it’s easy to...
Can high-SPF sunscreens pose a health risk?
Environmental Working Group (EWG)Environmental Working Group (EWG)
High-sun protection factor (SPF) sunscreens require higher concentrations of sun-filtering chemicals...
What should I know about using sunscreen if I have pimples?
Good skin care always should include using sunscreen daily. Experts suggest that if you have pim...
What Are the FDA Rules On Sunscreen Claims?