How can I prevent skin damage while exercising outside?

People who like exercising outside, take note: Sunscreen is an active woman’s best line of defense against skin damage, Leslie Baumann, MD, dermatologist and author, told us.

“Women should wear sunscreen daily, especially if they’re active outside. The product they choose needs to be as waterproof as possible,” Dr. Baumann advises.

Baumann recommends a brand of sunscreen with a good UVA blocker.

Continue Learning about Choosing The Right Sunscreen

How to Choose the Best Sunscreen for You
It’s that sunscreen time of year, and you know it’s important to lotion up to protect your skin. But with so many options to choose from, it’s easy to...
What is the best way to use sunscreen on my child?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before exposure to the sun to give it time       to soak into the skin.Gi...
What sunscreen will best prevent a sunburn?
Daniel R. Spogen, MDDaniel R. Spogen, MD
A water resistant sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or higher with  zinc oxide will...
SPF
SPF