What is chloroprocaine?

Chloroprocaine, known by the brand names Nesacaine and Nesacaine MPF, is found in the group of medications known as anesthetics. It is a nonpyrogenic (producing no heat or fever) local anesthetic used in nerve blocks, which include caudal, infiltration, or other epidural blocks. In short, chloroprocaine blocks the nerve impulses sent to the brain that make you feel pain. Moreover, it continues to affect nerve function by then blocking temperature, touch, proprioception (the perception of movement), and finally, skeletal muscle tone in that order. It comes in injection form only. It comes mixed with sodium chloride (NaCl) and sodium metabisulfite. It is always administered by a professional.

Continue Learning about Chloride

Should I let my doctor know I am taking chloride?
Because chloride may negatively interact with a medication or supplement you may be taking, you shou...
Are there any risks in taking chloride?
Taking chloride involves some risks. An overdose that greatly exceeds the recommended intake of arou...
What are the side effects of chloroprocaine?
An anaphylactic (life threatening) allergic side effects of receiving chloroprocaine will cause ...
How can I take chloride?
There are a number of different types of chloride supplements that combine with various minerals. So...