What should I know before taking chloride?

There are certain precautions you should be aware of before taking chloride. An overdose that greatly exceeds the recommended daily allowance of around two grams for adults can be poisonous to the body. It can also cause the body to retain water, since an abundance of chloride and other electrolytes draws fluids into the area where they are. Those with allergies to chloride should avoid chloride supplements.

Continue Learning about Chloride

What should I know about chloroprocaine before receiving it?
Chloroprocaine works in as little as six to twelve minutes. It lasts up to an hour, but this depends...
Does chloride really work?
Chloride is effective in helping to regulate the flow of fluids within the body. It is absorbed into...
How can I take chloride?
There are a number of different types of chloride supplements that combine with various minerals. So...
Who should not use chloride?
Certain people should not use chloride or should consult with a doctor before taking it. People with...