How many doctors of chiropractic practice in the United States?

Peri Dwyer, DC
Chiropractic Medicine
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, approximately 44,400 chiropractors were actively practicing in the United States in 2012.  About a third of those practiced only part-time.
There are more than 60,000 doctors of chiropractic practicing in the United States. All 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands recognize chiropractic as a health care profession and license the practice of chiropractic.

Continue Learning about Chiropractic Treatment

What are the benefits of chiropractic?
Howard S. SmithHoward S. Smith
Chiropractic care is a very common alternative therapy for chronic pain and may be helpful for treat...
If I have chronic pain, is chiropractic care for me?
Consult with your primary care physician before attending a chiropractic clinic. Your physician can ...
Relieve Chronic Pain With Massage and More
Is Chiropractic Care Effective?
Is Chiropractic Care Effective?