Should I see a chiropractor about my back pain?

Chiropractic treatments can be as effective as or more effective than conventional medical management for back pain. Chiropractic theory aims to realign vertebrae and establish normal spinal mobility, which in turn alleviates the irritation to the nerve and surrounding muscle. Multiple sessions are usually required to alleviate pain.

You: Being Beautiful - The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...
Dr. Gerald M. Silverman
Chiropractic Medicine Specialist

Chiropractic therapy is similar to physical therapy in its application of ultrasound, diathermy, electrical muscle stimulation (EMS), and soft tissue techniques, but it relies less heavily on strengthening equipment. Instead, chiropractic emphasizes joint movement, and treatments usually include spinal manipulation therapy or adjustments to mobilize or loosen spinal joints.

Continue Learning about Chiropractic Treatment

Can a chiropractor help me if I have a pinched nerve?
Most chiropractors are highly trained and very familiar with treating areas where a nerve may be pin...
Can chiropractic adjustments help sore knees?
Trevor Wicken , NASM Elite TrainerTrevor Wicken , NASM Elite Trainer
Chiropractic adjustments can help sore knees and are most effective when combined with complementary...
Why Is It Important for Chiropractors to Get a Detailed Medical History?
What Can I Do to Support My Back When Sitting at the Computer?