Can chiropractic manipulation help in relieving lumbar spinal stenosis?

Denise Chranowski
Integrative Medicine

In one word, yes. Anything that allows more movement in the spine, which stimulates proprioceptive nerve fibers (i.e. brain sense more movement), with help reduce pain and increase function. Of course the degree of improvement of symptoms is proportional to the degree of stenosis. A full fused spine is much harder to work with than one with mild degeneration. Bottom line - motion is always important and chiropractic care increases motion.

Continue Learning about Chiropractic Treatment

Are Chiropractors doctors?
Dr. John J. ConnollyDr. John J. Connolly
Chiropractors (D.C.) are Doctors of Chiropractic. They emphasize the diagnosis, treatment and preven...
Do chiropractic adjustments hurt?
Jason Peloquin, DCJason Peloquin, DC
Chiropractic adjustments, when done to the specific subluxation, and using a correct vector to resto...
What Can I Do to Support My Back When Sitting at the Computer?
Relieve Chronic Pain With Massage and More