Can a chiropractor help me if I have a pinched nerve?

Lori Smatt, DC
Chiropractic Medicine
A "pinched nerve" is actually pressure on the spinal nerve; when a vertebra has rotated out of position, putting pressure on the nerve. Watch chiropractor Lori Smatt, DC, explain how chiropractors can realign the vertebrae to remove the pressure. 
Most chiropractors are highly trained and very familiar with treating areas where a nerve may be pinched. Pinched nerves may be associated with a joint that is out of alignment and chiropractic adjustments can be a minimally intrusive form of treatment. Be sure to consult with your primary physician before beginning chiropractic care to verify the diagnosis of a pinched nerve and that it's a safe and appropriate option.

Continue Learning about Chiropractic Treatment

Chiropractic Treatment

Chiropractic treatment is manipulation of the spine beyond the range it normally goes, but within the range it is designed to move. As a treatment for back pain it can be as effective as other treatments and has the advantage of b...

eing drug free.