Can a chiropractor help me if I have a pinched nerve?

Most chiropractors are highly trained and very familiar with treating areas where a nerve may be pinched. Pinched nerves may be associated with a joint that is out of alignment and chiropractic adjustments can be a minimally intrusive form of treatment. Be sure to consult with your primary physician before beginning chiropractic care to verify the diagnosis of a pinched nerve and that it's a safe and appropriate option.
Lori Smatt, DC
Chiropractic Medicine
A "pinched nerve" is actually pressure on the spinal nerve; when a vertebra has rotated out of position, putting pressure on the nerve. Watch chiropractor Lori Smatt, DC, explain how chiropractors can realign the vertebrae to remove the pressure. 

Continue Learning about Chiropractic Treatment

Do active-duty military personnel have access to chiropractic care?
American Chiropractic AssociationAmerican Chiropractic Association
Yes, chiropractic care is available for active-duty personnel at more than 60 military sites in the ...
Does chiropractic spinal manipulation help treat cervical disc herniation?
Daniel Bockmann, DCDaniel Bockmann, DC
The short answer is, sometimes spinal manipulation is helpful for cervical disc herniation, and some...
Is Chiropractic Care Effective?
Is Chiropractic Care Effective?
What Exercises Are Good for Neck and Shoulder Pain?