Why should I take my child to the dentist before school starts?

Seeing the dentist before sending your child back to school is a good idea. Watch as Dr. Maria Lopez Howell explains why a healthy mouth equals a healthy, happier child in school.

Continue Learning about Children's Oral Health

Ask the Expert: Dental Tips for Kids
Ask the Expert: Dental Tips for Kids
The first smile ... the first tooth ... the first time the baby happily noshes away on his morning oatmeal. All of these are lovely milestones that pa...
Avoid These Toxins to Protect Your Child's Teeth
The WBA heavyweight title fight in June, 1997 will always be referred to as “The Bite Fight,” because Mike Tyson bit off part of Evander Holyfield’s e...
Do missing teeth (edentulism) affect children differently than adults?
Alice G. Boghosian, DDSAlice G. Boghosian, DDS
Generally, missing teeth can cause problems. Specifically, baby teeth hold the space for the adult ...
Should my child use fluoride toothpaste?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
You child should begin using fluoridated toothpaste once old enough to spit out the toothpaste. This...