Is drooling a sign of teething?

Teething is a process every infant goes through. A lot of parents think that their child is teething at about 4 months of age because they start to drool all the time. This is actually a normal finding in all 4-month-olds, with the average age of the actual tooth erupting at about 6 to 9 months of age. So drooling is not the best indicator of teething.

Continue Learning about Children's Oral Health

Ask the Expert: Dental Tips for Kids
Ask the Expert: Dental Tips for Kids
The first smile ... the first tooth ... the first time the baby happily noshes away on his morning oatmeal. All of these are lovely milestones that pa...
Avoid These Toxins to Protect Your Child's Teeth
The WBA heavyweight title fight in June, 1997 will always be referred to as “The Bite Fight,” because Mike Tyson bit off part of Evander Holyfield’s e...
How can I reduce my child's pain when losing a tooth?
There are several things that you can do to ease your child's pain when he or she loses a tooth. Som...
What should I tell my child's dentist about my child?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Parents play a critical role in the child's dental health. Its important to bring your child to see ...