What can cause excessive drooling in an infant?

Drooling is normal for infants, and some infants may drool more than others. Teething may increase the amount a particular infant drools. On very rare occasions, certain throat infections may cause excessive drooling, but the infant would also show other signs of illness.

Continue Learning about Children's Oral Health

Ask the Expert: Dental Tips for Kids
Ask the Expert: Dental Tips for Kids
The first smile ... the first tooth ... the first time the baby happily noshes away on his morning oatmeal. All of these are lovely milestones that pa...
Avoid These Toxins to Protect Your Child's Teeth
The WBA heavyweight title fight in June, 1997 will always be referred to as “The Bite Fight,” because Mike Tyson bit off part of Evander Holyfield’s e...
How can I help relieve my child's pain after mouth surgery?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Tylenol and ibuprofen are effective ways to treat pain after your child's mouth surgery. Other pain ...
What types of dental problems can X-ray films help detect in children?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Dental xrays for children are most helpful in finding cavities that are between teeth, or deep insid...