Can homeopathy ease my baby's teething pain?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
People have reported success using homeopathy to treat teething pain. Chamomilla is the most widely used for teething. It is indicated when the child's gums are so inflamed that she cannot get comfortable, is screaming and demanding, and has one flushed cheek while the other is pale. Ignatia may be recommended if the child is distressed but not so irritable. If the gums are red and spongy, and the child is suffering from extreme pain, kreosotum may be prescribed.
Homeopathic remedies may help ease your baby's teething pain, although the evidence for their effectiveness is thin. Homeopathic practitioners usually recommend pulsatilla and chamomilla. Avoid products that contain belladonna, which is toxic.

Continue Learning about Children's Oral Health

Avoid These Toxins to Protect Your Child's Teeth
The WBA heavyweight title fight in June, 1997 will always be referred to as “The Bite Fight,” because Mike Tyson bit off part of Evander Holyfield’s e...
Ask the Expert: Dental Tips for Kids
Ask the Expert: Dental Tips for Kids
The first smile ... the first tooth ... the first time the baby happily noshes away on his morning oatmeal. All of these are lovely milestones that pa...
How will I know if my child should see an orthodontist?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
A "bad bite", or malocclusions, often become noticeable between the ages of 6 and 12, as a child’s p...
When should parents begin to clean their baby's teeth?
When your baby is an infant start by cleaning his or her gums with a clean, wet gauze pad or washclo...