What professionals are on a NICU team?

The neonatal, or newborn, intensive care unit (NICU) team is an integrated team that involves multiple different people with multiple different specialties. The NICU staff includes trained nurses, neonatologists, dietitians, social workers, respiratory therapists and specialty doctors. The team works together to provide care for the infant.

Continue Learning about Children In Critical Care

When should I call 9-1-1 if my child has abdominal pain?
Wesley Medical CenterWesley Medical Center
Abdominal pain is very common in children. It can be a reaction to food and activity or the symptom ...
Who takes care of my child if they need critical care treatment?
Louise E. Sivak, MDLouise E. Sivak, MD
Your child's care team will consist of an attending physician trained in pediatrics and further trai...
How can I prepare my teenager for hospitalization?
Alliance For Kids®Alliance For Kids®
Begin preparing your teenager for hospitalization a couple weeks to a month ahead of time. This will...
Where will my child go for critical care treatment?
Diana K. Blythe, MDDiana K. Blythe, MD
Children will go to an intensive care unit, or ICU, for critical care treatment. Newborns will go to...