What is a pediatric critical care physician?

A pediatric critical care physician is trained to take care of children who are critically ill or injured.

Continue Learning about Children In Critical Care

When should I take my child to the emergency room for a rash?
Wesley Medical CenterWesley Medical Center
It can be difficult to determine whether you should treat your child's rash or skin irritation at ho...
How can I explain to my child what happens on the day of surgery?
Alliance For Kids®Alliance For Kids®
To explain to your child what happens on the day of surgery, tell your child the following: On th...
How do doctors approach caring for a child in the emergency room (ER)?
Citrus Memorial HospitalCitrus Memorial Hospital
Doctors gather as much information as possible from the child, rather than his parents, in the emerg...
What are common coping behaviors for hospitalized teenagers?
Alliance For Kids®Alliance For Kids®
Common coping behaviors for hospitalized teenagers include the following: defense mechanisms i...