Who takes care of my child if they need critical care treatment?

Louise E. Sivak, MD
Pediatrics

Your child's care team will consist of an attending physician trained in pediatrics and further trained in pediatric critical care, many nurses, respiratory therapists, social workers, often resident and fellow doctors in training.

Continue Learning about Children In Critical Care

How do doctors approach caring for a child in the emergency room (ER)?
Citrus Memorial HospitalCitrus Memorial Hospital
Doctors gather as much information as possible from the child, rather than his parents, in the emerg...
Does the pediatric intensivist treat children with cancer?
Alvin JefferyAlvin Jeffery
Yes, a pediatric intensivist can treat children with cancer. However, a hematologist/oncologist (can...
What are common coping behaviors for hospitalized teenagers?
Alliance For Kids®Alliance For Kids®
Common coping behaviors for hospitalized teenagers include the following: defense mechanisms i...
How can I keep my child out of the emergency room (ER)?
The most important way to help keep your child out of the emergency room (ER) is to have a primary c...