How do I know if my preschooler is overweight?

If you are concerned your preschooler might be overweight, first discuss the matter with your child's doctor. Your child's size may be normal.

A growth chart recorded in regular health exams will track your child's height and weight and show whether he or she fits within a healthy range. Some kids gain a little extra weight to support an upcoming growth spurt.

Continue Learning about Childhood Obesity

Ways to Prevent Childhood Obesity
Ways to Prevent Childhood Obesity
If you thought the Houston Astros starting pitcher Justin Verlander couldn’t get any better, his ERA (the average number of earned runs scored against...
How can I reduce my child's risk for obesity?
The best way to reduce your child's risk for childhood obesity is to create healthy habits that will...
How common is childhood obesity?
Even though data have shown that childhood obesity rates are declining, there is still a lot of work...
Heart Disease In the United States
Heart Disease In the United States