How common is childhood obesity?

Even though data have shown that childhood obesity rates are declining, there is still a lot of work to be done. Nearly one in six children and teens in the U.S. are obese, including one in eight preschoolers. And more than one-third of children and teens in this country are considered either overweight or obese. Nevertheless, this is not as bad as the 69% of adults who are overweight or obese, but still not a good start.

Continue Learning about Childhood Obesity

Are Diet Drinks Making Your Kids Overweight?
A millennial-targeted advertising campaign for diet soda featured actress Gillian Jacobs (Brita on the TV-com Community), who said a certain zero-calo...
How do I know if my child is overweight?
Dr. Rovenia Brock, PhDDr. Rovenia Brock, PhD
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recently published new charts that create a different way ...
What are the weight-loss surgery guidelines for adolescents?
Joanna Yeh, MDJoanna Yeh, MD
Weight-loss (bariatric) surgery guidelines for adolescents include having a body mass index (BMI) of...
Is Access to Healthy Living Getting Worse?