How does childhood obesity affect liver health?

The majority of obese pediatric patients have a fatty liver, which is linked to liver failure.

Childhood obesity increases the risk of extra fat being deposited in the liver. This can lead to long term liver damage that can, over time, lead to liver failure.

Continue Learning about Childhood Obesity

Does Fat-Shaming Make Kids Gain Weight?
Does Fat-Shaming Make Kids Gain Weight?
In the 2018 film Dumplin’, Rosie (Jennifer Aniston) is a former beauty queen and mother of a teen nicknamed Dumplin’ (Danielle Macdonald), a toxic lab...
What is childhood obesity?
Childhood obesity is defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as a body m...
How can we fight childhood obesity?
The best ways to prevent childhood obesity are to provide your kids with healthy, nutritious meals, ...
How Can I Encourage My Overweight Teen to Lose Weight?