Yes, if you don't remember having chickenpox you can find out through a blood test. Although you can still get the vaccine even if you have had chickenpox, you might want to make sure beforehand to save the time and money. It is estimated that more than 99 percent of people aged 40 and older have had chickenpox, even if they can't remember being sick with chickenpox.
- Q Will my unborn baby be immune to chickenpox if I already had it?
- Q How long will my child with chickenpox be contagious?
- Q Where on the body does the chickenpox rash spread?
- Q Is chickenpox serious?
- Q How is chickenpox related to shingles?
- Q Could I have chickenpox and not even know it?