Yes, if you don't remember having chickenpox you can find out through a blood test. Although you can still get the vaccine even if you have had chickenpox, you might want to make sure beforehand to save the time and money. It is estimated that more than 99 percent of people aged 40 and older have had chickenpox, even if they can't remember being sick with chickenpox.
- Q Can my child go to school if he or she has chickenpox?
- Q How long does chickenpox usually last?
- Q Will my unborn baby be immune to chickenpox if I already had it?
- Q How should I clean my child's skin if she has chickenpox?
- Q How is chickenpox related to shingles?
- Q Where on the body does the chickenpox rash spread?