How should I clean my child's skin if she has chickenpox?

Talk to your dermatologist about how to wash your child's skin when he or she has chickenpox. The dermatologist may recommend that you bathe your child in lukewarm or cool water every few hours during the initial outbreak to help ease the itching and discomfort. After bathing your child, gently pat the body dry. Don't rub.

Continue Learning about Chicken Pox

Where on the body does the chickenpox rash spread?
The rash associated with chickenpox usually begins on the face, chest, and back, and can pretty much...
How is chickenpox related to shingles?
Chickenpox and shingles share the same cause - the varicella-zoster virus. This virus may stay in yo...
Will a bath spread a chickenpox rash?
Don't worry. Baths will not spread the rash you have from chickenpox from one part of the body to an...
Could I have chickenpox and not even know it?
Yes, you could have chickenpox and not show signs of it. This is because the rash doesn't show up fo...