Is chemotherapy used to treat colon and rectal cancer?

Chemotherapy is used to treat rectal cancer, and may follow surgery for colon cancer, says Ovunc Bardakcioglu, MD, a colon and rectal surgeon at Sunrise Hospital. In this video, he explains how location of these cancers often determines treatment. 

Continue Learning about Chemotherapy For Cancer

How Cooling Caps Can Prevent Hair Loss During Chemo
As a trillion-ton iceberg calved from the Larsen C Icecap on Antarctica, scientists warned it’s just the beginning: 90 percent of the ice shelves on t...
What types of chemotherapy may increase my risk of getting a second cancer?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Types of chemotherapy that may make you more likely to have a second cancer include: Procarbazin...
Is it safe to handle chemotherapy?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
There is now reason to believe that exposure to small amounts of chemotherapy drugs for a long time ...
How Can Cancer Treatment Affect My Sexual Health?