How can I improve my quality of life after chemotherapy?

Cheryl Taylor
Oncology Nursing

Maintaining an active lifestyle may help improve quality of life after chemotherapy. It is important that the side effects of the chemotherapy are managed to aid in the ability to stay active. There are many options to help treat side effects of chemotherapy (ie: nausea, diarrhea, hair loss) It is important to discuss these options with your doctor. The American Cancer Society can help patients purchase or find a place to purchase a wig to improve quality of life, as well.

Continue Learning about Chemotherapy For Cancer

How Cooling Caps Can Prevent Hair Loss During Chemo
As a trillion-ton iceberg calved from the Larsen C Icecap on Antarctica, scientists warned it’s just the beginning: 90 percent of the ice shelves on t...
What are the possible risks of chemotherapy?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Possible risks of chemotherapy include: Low blood counts. Chemotherapy lowers the number of bloo...
How can I prevent my child from getting an infection during chemotherapy?
If your child is receiving chemotherapy, diligent handwashing and limiting his or her exposure to ot...
What Is the Survival Rate for Bladder Cancer?