How can I improve my quality of life after chemotherapy?

Cheryl Taylor
Oncology Nursing

Maintaining an active lifestyle may help improve quality of life after chemotherapy. It is important that the side effects of the chemotherapy are managed to aid in the ability to stay active. There are many options to help treat side effects of chemotherapy (ie: nausea, diarrhea, hair loss) It is important to discuss these options with your doctor. The American Cancer Society can help patients purchase or find a place to purchase a wig to improve quality of life, as well.

Continue Learning about Chemotherapy For Cancer

How Cooling Caps Can Prevent Hair Loss During Chemo
As a trillion-ton iceberg calved from the Larsen C Icecap on Antarctica, scientists warned it’s just the beginning: 90 percent of the ice shelves on t...
What safety precautions are taken when handling chemotherapy?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
Most chemotherapy drugs are removed from the body mainly through urine, vomit, and stool within the ...
What items can I bring to the hospital during ASCT and high-dose chemo?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
Most patients are in the hospital for two to three weeks while they have treatment with high-dos...
What Is Chemo Brain?
What Is Chemo Brain?