Why was new research done on benzene?

Previous research carried out by this investigative team and by other scientists has shown that benzene causes leukemia and lowers blood cell counts in people who are exposed to high levels of benzene at work. The study investigators wanted to find out if benzene affects blood cell counts even at low levels of exposure, at or below 1 ppm.

This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute.

Continue Learning about Chemical Toxins

Retarding Exposure to Fire Retardants, Plasticizers and Cell Phones
When Orlando Bloom, Melissa Etheridge and Guillermo del Toro had to evacuate their homes last year as fire tore through Malibu, Calabasas and Thousand...
What are the risks of phtalates in plastic toys and other products?
Phillip J. Landrigan, MDPhillip J. Landrigan, MD
Phthalates are especially a problem for pregnant women because recent research shows that phthalates...
What are the health concerns about melamine dishes?
Most moms have a stash of plates and cups that their children use to eat outside during the summer o...
How Can I Limit Formaldehyde Exposure in My Home?