What are common toxins?

Bryce B. Wylde
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Right from the get-go, we're born into a toxic world already full of toxins. Shampoo, shaving cream, lip gloss, hand soap, dish detergents, laundry detergents, moisturizing creams, perfumes, air fresheners, cosmetics and deodorants -- in our heart of hearts, we know these useful little additions to our daily lives start out as nasty raw materials, but we just don't like to think about it. Dyes and pigments, rubber, the fabrics that make up our clothing, the paint on our houses, the tube of glue in the kitchen drawer -- we know they started out in places with chimneys belching sulfur oxides, nitrogen oxides, volatile organic compounds, particulate matter, carbon monoxide, sulfuric acid, carbon dioxide and dioxins.

Continue Learning about Chemical Toxins

Protect Your Health From Plastic Chemical Replacements
When it became clear that DEHP (di-2-ethylhexylphlatate) used in making plastic wrap, soap, cosmetics and processed food containers, was a dangerous h...
How can I use pool chemicals safely?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 5,000 cases of illness and inju...
What are the health concerns about melamine dishes?
Most moms have a stash of plates and cups that their children use to eat outside during the summer o...
How Can I Limit Formaldehyde Exposure in My Home?