What are common toxins?

Bryce B. Wylde
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Right from the get-go, we're born into a toxic world already full of toxins. Shampoo, shaving cream, lip gloss, hand soap, dish detergents, laundry detergents, moisturizing creams, perfumes, air fresheners, cosmetics and deodorants -- in our heart of hearts, we know these useful little additions to our daily lives start out as nasty raw materials, but we just don't like to think about it. Dyes and pigments, rubber, the fabrics that make up our clothing, the paint on our houses, the tube of glue in the kitchen drawer -- we know they started out in places with chimneys belching sulfur oxides, nitrogen oxides, volatile organic compounds, particulate matter, carbon monoxide, sulfuric acid, carbon dioxide and dioxins.

Continue Learning about Chemical Toxins

Why the FDA Is Banning This Cleaning Ingredient
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has banned the use of triclosan—an antibacterial ingredient found in household cleaning products—labeling it no...
How can I avoid phtalates and lead in plastic products?
Phillip J. Landrigan, MDPhillip J. Landrigan, MD
The safest way to avoid phthalates and lead found in PVC-containing plastic products is to avoid...
What do women need to know about harmful chemicals in cosmetics?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Janet Pregler, M.D., director of the Iris Cantor-UCLA Women’s Health Center encourages women to reco...
How Can I Limit Formaldehyde Exposure in My Home?