What is the main finding of new research on benzene?

White blood cell counts were decreased in Chinese shoe manufacturing workers exposed to benzene at levels lower than 1 ppm compared to unexposed controls.

This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute.

Continue Learning about Chemical Toxins

Surprising Facts About Phthalates
Surprising Facts About Phthalates
In 1973, The Kinks released their song “Plastic Man” which had the lyrics: “He eats plastic food with a plastic knife and fork… And he likes to lick h...
What are some sources of toxins?
Bryce B. WyldeBryce B. Wylde
There are dangers in the plastics that deliver our food. Producing that food also employs an array...
How can I avoid exposure to perchlorate?
Environmental Working Group (EWG)Environmental Working Group (EWG)
You can reduce perchlorate in your drinking water by installing a reverse osmosis filter. As for foo...
How Can I Limit Formaldehyde Exposure in My Home?